Spirtuality4YourSoul

This is a place you will find inspirational and motivational spiritual writings by both known and unknown authors. It will also serve as a place where you can find various affirmations, that I hope will help inspire you along your journey.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

When we allow ourselves to become upset or disappointed about something someone close to us may have said or done; be it your child, husband, wife, or friend. We may often times be too quick to judge that person or situation without looking at what our part may have been. Which in turn may cause us to react in such a way that we do or say the wrong thing. I know this has been my own personal experience. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to take an honest look at ourselves and admit that we may have been wrong.

For years I kept the following poem written by Maya Angelou pinned on my bulletin board at work. I kept this poem in front of me so I could read it everyday. And remember what is most important to me; my family. I find this poem to be very humbling.

"If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers."

- Maya Angelou

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Στεφανια said…

    Andrea.. Ive enjoyed reading your blogs throughout the quater.. This blog shows a lot of patential and I enjoy your topic! You have a lot of heart and thats what stands out from others.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home